A few American flags, innumerable American accents, and one big fat American stamp in my passport have welcomed me back to the homeland.
Its been about 40 hours of travel, and here I sit in New York JFK airport... one 7 hour flight to PDX still to go… wow, the US of A is huge.
Luckily enough, I had to get my bag to go through customs, and managed to wrestle a sweater out of it before re-checking. Not so luckily, I discovered that everything in my bag, including my little brown teacher/mom/librarian sweater that I love so dearly, smells like musty piri-piri. The culprit? A jar of Mozambican piri-piri hot sauce I bought as a Christmas gift for my uncle. Here’s hoping the thing is just marking territory with its aroma, and not actually spilling the spicy staining oil over everything.
To cover the smell I stopped in the duty free and spritzed a little Burberry. But now I just smell like a dirty, spicy, perfumed, walking zombie with hairy armpits. I also keep picking some dry boogs which have formed in my nose due to excessive plane air-conditioning before realizing it is not a socially acceptable practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment