"Have many wives and too many children because we are dying every day"
That is what I forgot about, the fact that some things would hold a chant with a big picket sign, chain myself to a tree, or burn my bra in protest of, I find incredibly reasonable here.
Does the whole "consider the circumstances and be sensitive to their culture" thing really make polygamy morally ok in my mind? I am not sure. But I get his logic.
Backing up... Today was my first day back in the swing of things at school.
Week 1, Lesson 1
Theme: since I dont have the new curriculum yet, let me pull a lesson out of my bum and make them talk about the future.
And yet it actually worked, and I got some interesting thoughts... after also realizing that most of them had basically forgotten English over the summer.
Teacher CATE! Back in action.
No comments:
Post a Comment