We have a Peace Corps in-service training, and thus I am currently in a luxurious hotel in Maputo for a week... And I dont know what to do with myself.
I have now been in Mozambique for about 6 months. When I first arrived I was constantly at least a little sick, unable to communicate and just plain nostalgic.
Now, I am once again taking hot showers, using wireless internet, and eating luxurious buffet complete with a range of about 2798 desserts for every meal. Talk about reverse culture shock. At this very moment there are literally about 20 pcv's sitting outside my room, but I cant bring myself to go out and visit anymore because I am so not used to speaking English and my mother tongue now overwhelms me, I once again feel incessantly sick but this time it is because I am just getting too much nutrient rich food, and finally, I honestly miss my site a tad.
I suppose I will get used to it... just in time to go back to Portuguese, bucket baths, and my little shack on the hill.
No comments:
Post a Comment