And I suppose it is. Internet cafes are veritable brothels, where everyone and their brother’s flash drive gets stuck here, there, everywhere, and no one has or really even knows what anti-virus software is.
Maybe I will have to use comparison when I am giving sexual health lessons:
Don't stick your flash in a computer without anti-virus software, don't have sex without a condom. But then again, I am not sure which is more difficult to talk about with Mozambicans – HIV or computers – so combining the two could really only compound the confusão.
Problems with being the computer girl around town:
- Everyone wants to see/touch/use my computer
- Everyone wants to stick their probably dirty flash in my computer
- Everyone wants to know how much my computer cost… which can often turn into an “estou a pedir” conversation. Aka they want money from me
- Everyone wants to tell me what to do and how to do it as I fix their computer even though they don't know how to work it and everything is in English so they really can’t tell what’s going on anyway.
“yes, click that”
“wait, patience, I am reading this, no I don't want to do that”
“yes press enter”
“no I don't want –“
- they press a button before I can intervene and I have to start over.
I want to say: “keep your button happy little hands off this baby while I am working please.”
Ok, number four doesn't apply to everyone, I might be thinking of a few specific people who can’t quite comprehend that I have been using a computer since like 3rd grade. You know, way back before the
So considering my extended metaphor, I guess I am the planned parenthood of computerville, because I practically have a basket of boysenberry flavored computer condoms on my doorstep (ie I hand out antivirus software like it’s nobodies business).
No comments:
Post a Comment