Saturday, January 24, 2009

Muito Obrigada

21 Jan 2009

I am overwhelmed with gratitude and full of delicious American treats.

I mean, it doesn't even really matter that I didn't eat beef in the states. I was so happy to receive a box teeming with beef jerky and a few Slim Jims from good old Aunt Jackie. I am not even being facetious, she sent me seven packages of jerky, and I am on like a beefy protein high right now or something.

Just as I was getting a little down because we had my b-day celebration a few days early, I was all alone in the Chid, and had no means of watching/hearing/knowing anything about the inauguration –everyone and their brother sent me love, birthday wishes, and Obama news… and my mail finally came.

So thank you to all for your overwhelming love, support, and words of wisdom. There have been times when I just didn't think I could make it another day here, but I held on, and your encouragement has always helped more than you can possibly comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment